Saturday, October 24, 2009

missing my creativity.

I miss having a sewing machine!! I have a list of projects 5 miles long and no way to complete them! Hopefully once my fiance (DF) comes home, and everything settles down financially I'll be able to get one : ) And HOPEFULLY before Christmas. I'm dying to make these:

You can get these patterns, and many others for free here.
I also need to make curtains, a runner for the kitchen table, a duvet cover, and I need to finish the !@#$ double Irish chain quilt I started 5 months ago....In case you haven't noticed, I tend to start a lot of projects without finishing them. I still haven't finished that baby quilt I made two summers ago with the intentions to sell it! DF said I'd be lucky to have it done in time for our grandchildren...pshhh, whatevs. There are no words to describe the feeling of accomplishment especially when it comes to something handmade. The truth is though, sewing and I have a very love/hate relationship.
I HATE ironing.
I LOATHE cutting fabric into 50-million strips.
I DETEST sewing.
I DESPISE ripping out seams.
But I love love LOVE how special handmade things are.

I've also really felt the absence of my other creative outlets lately.
It's been over a year since the last time I picked up a camera.
And even longer than that since the last time I sat down at a piano.
I don't know why, life just seemed to get busier and busier and I somehow got lost. So I'm making my New Year's resolution early. In 2010 I'm going to reconnect with my creative side.


On a side note: my fiance is returning from 15 weeks of military training in less than two weeks. I'm ecstatic :)

No comments:

Post a Comment